Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Good Day

Today was a good day. Worked on the re-write for my former agent till my arse was numb--making strides--and got a letter from one of the publishers to which I've submitted THE KNIGHT OF WANDS. Small, publisher I learned about at RWA from one of their authors. Got an email today from an editor saying, and I quote: "I enjoyed your partial and would like to read the rest. You have a compelling voice and are an excellent writer."

I'm not bragging, just celebrating positive feedback. Like I said in yesterday's post, it's hard to come by useful feedback.

In other news, today is my fifteenth wedding anniversary. My husband is working late, but brought home (in addition to the MacDonald's fries I asked for as a side-dish to last night's left-over gluten-free fried chicken--a once-in-a-lifetime request, I swear!), a dozen red roses, a movingly sincere card, and a bottle of Korbel brut, which we polished off over television.

Earlier, after he got home, he said, "Did you see what else I brought?"

Spying a plastic Publix bag on the kitchen table, I took a peek. There was a package of bacon inside. I laughed and said, "Are you trying to tell me something?"

He's like, "What are you talking about?"

"Bringing home the bacon?"

He smiled and said, "No--I just saw it and it was on sale and looked good--but thanks for thinking that."

Backstory: Things have been tough the past couple of years. I lost my business, we sold our house at a huge loss, and I can't find a job, despite all my brilliance and experience. Now, Hubby's working six-day weeks on commission, making nothing. Would be really nice to sell a book.

N.

1 comment:

  1. I'm liking it very much. Can't wait for it to be published. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Writing smexy paranormals with a Celtic twist. Blogging about good books.