Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Singing the Rejection Blues . . .

Crap. Just got another rejection on TKOW. From Avon Impulse, via a form letter. I can guess why. Same reason Loveswept turned me down. Paranormals are soft and they're looking for what's hard in the market (is that the right terminology?)--or is it what the market's hard for? Hmmm. Anyway, TKOW has now been TKO'd by Kensington, Carina, Loveswept, Sourcebooks, and Avon Impuse. The mainstream romance houses, basically. Probably shouldn't be surprised after everybody at RWA was all "paranormals, not so much."

Some of them said they liked my writing a whole bunch. Grin.

Oh well.

As far as I know, I'm still alive at TWRP, Samhain, Soulmate, Entangled, Bell Bridge, Black Lyon, Grand Central, and Etopia, so . . . there's still hope! And I haven't yet submitted to Ellora's Cave, Tanter, or Tirgearr.

Still, it would be nice to get a yes for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing smexy paranormals with a Celtic twist. Blogging about good books.