Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Six of Swords

 
 
Isn't this a beautiful card? It's from the Illuminati tarot deck. One of my Facebook friends shared it with me this morning so I thought I'd take a few minutes out of writing THE KNIGHT OF CUPS (yes, there are tarot cards in the book) to blog about it. Yes, I read tarot cards--mostly for myself and family members, and not all that often anymore. A few weeks back, I did a Celtic Cross spread asking about my books: what would happen with them? Would they sell? Would I know success with my writing? The cards I drew seemed to suggest that I would sell all three of my completed manuscripts within the next few months--and guess what? I've signed a contract for one and have been offered contracts on the other two. The cards also suggested that I would receive both intellectual and creative fulfillment from my writing--a very good thing. Financial success would be nice as well, but you can't have everything, right? I did, however, draw the Three of Pentacles in the position of "what is passing out of your life"--the card of turning a creative pursuit into a profession (moving from apprentice to craftsman, in other words).

Now, to get back to the Six of Swords. As you can see from the image, the card shows a ferryman or gondolier taking a rather downcast-looking woman and child  across the water to a distant shore. Note the water. On the near side of the boat, it is rough; on the far side, calm. This indicates the moving away from difficulties to better times. It can mean a literal journey, of course, but I have no plans (and no money) to travel, so I suspect it's the former. Times have been hard for me and my family for the past several years, so this card brings the best possible news: Things will soon get better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing smexy paranormals with a Celtic twist. Blogging about good books.