Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Introducing Romance Weekly

 

 . . .

"Do you like to read romance novels? Wouldn't you like to know more about your favorite authors? Well you came to the right place! Join the writers of Romance Weekly as we go behind the scenes of our books and tell all... About our writing of course! Every week we'll answer questions and after you've enjoyed the blog on this site we'll direct you to another. So come back often for a thrilling ride! Tell your friends and feel free to ask questions in the comment box."

. . .

Here are my answers to this week's questions:

1. What made you start writing romance as opposed to any other genre of literature? 
There's a fine line between paranormal romance and urban fantasy and I believe my books toe that line. I've always been partial to love stories, but didn't start to read genre romance until after I realized that might be what I was writing. Since that dawning moment, I've attended two romance writer conferences, read dozens of books in multiple romance sub-genres, and signed contracts for two PNRs, at least one of which will launch a series.

2. Why do you think romance continues to be a market leading genre?
What can I say in reply that won't sound misandrical? Suffice it to say that as long as men are men and women are women, romance novels will satisfy a hungry market.

3. In what way do you see romance today reflecting the way women's roles in society have changed? 
I believe it reflects how, despite our changing roles, we still like a good love story. Romance novels are an escape, more than anything else, and fantasies aren't necessarily unfulfilled wishes. I, for example, really enjoyed FIFTY SHADES OF GREY, but I would never want a man in real life as controlling and screwed up as Christian Grey. Still, the book opened doors for both writers and readers, by expanding and mainstreaming the subgenres of erotica and erotic romance.  


Thanks for listening. Now, to see how my friend and fellow author Jo Richardson answered the same questions, click here to proceed to the next stop in the circle. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing smexy paranormals with a Celtic twist. Blogging about good books.